A Typical Day at Encore
“A Typical Day”
When students arrive on campus at Encore, they are greeted by an 8 acre property that houses 100,000 square feet of classrooms, studios, and multi-purpose spaces. As a new temporary planned admission onto campus, students are required to travel through specific gates that can accommodate temperature and health checks before entering campus.
Once on campus, students can enjoy nutrition or stop in to see their academic teacher for tutoring before their first class starts at 8:30 am.
Within the academic classrooms, students are using Chromebooks to work with their teachers using online curriculum. The teachers employ a variety of instruction to make sure that the students are engaged. In junior high, students are set up in small groups and in high school, classroom configurations vary depending on the space and the subject being taught.
Students have a five minute passing period and a lunch break where they can “catch up” with friends. Campus Aides dressed in red shirts to identify themselves oversee the transitions and the extended break periods to make sure that the students are safe.
Within the arts classrooms, students are actively engaged in a variety of activities that combine rigorous arts training, based on conservatory, with career strategies. Students might be juggling or practicing static trapeze, dancing on pointe, or practicing for an upcoming choir concert. There is always something creative happening on the Encore campus.
At the end of the school day, students depart in many ways. As a commuter campus, students come by car, bus, bike, and a few even walk as the campus serves many different districts in the High Desert and the Inland Empire. Most Fridays and Saturdays host various shows, field trips, and productions to help students hone in on their talents (COVID permitting.)
COMMITTED TO DELIVERING RELEVANT, RIGOROUS, AND ROUNDED EDUCATION TO ALL ENCORE STUDENTS, this happens through a variety of measures:
It is the goal of Encore to have students achievement measured by:
· College acceptances and post high school plans
· A-G or CTE completion by graduation
· Continuous improvement on benchmark testing
It is the goal of Encore to have students also achieve the following unmeasurable traits that are critical to a successful life after high school:
· Understanding and Tolerance
· Communicaton in a variety of spoken and unspoken modalities
· Grace under pressure
· Work ethic
· The ability to self start
Encore uses a variety of methods to deliver instruction and learning.
1. Credentialed Teachers and Instructors
2. One to One Technology
3. Online Curriculum
4. Traditional Seat Based Classes
5. Hybrid/Independent Study Classes
6. Zoom Lectures and Classes
7. Lecture Halls
8. Junior High Traditional Schedule
9. High School Block Schedule
10. Career Technical Arts Based Classes
11. Master Classes and Project Events
12. Small Class Remediation and Credit Recovery
13. Online Summer School
14. CTE Based Teams With Professional Integration and Development
15. Internship Programs for IT, Office, and Teachers
16. Arts courses broken into four career based "Houses"
17. Positive Reinforcement for completion of work (Letters, Grad Swag, Awesome Tags)