(Preliminary Renewal Petition language for submission for charter renewal 2021 - 2026)
Governance Procedures and Operations
· Encore School Board Meetings take place at least once per month. The Board calendar is available to the public on Encore’s web site.
· Special meetings are held in accordance with Brown Act compliance.
· Meetings are open to the public and generally take place on the second Monday of the month at 6:00 pm.
· Meetings are held with a permanent location set on campus.
· Agendas are posted online with a link from the homepage of the website. Agendas are also posted in the marquee on the A Building in Hesperia.
· Encore meetings are held in accordance with the Brown Act.
· Parents take part in frequent surveys and discussions that help drive agenda items and topics for Board meetings and LCAP decisions.
· Encore works to seat at least one active parent on the school board to help with current activities on campus.
· Encore creates committees from within Encore’s PAC, teaching departments, administrators and other stakeholders to develop the annual LCAP and annual update. Committees report to their administration. The administration reports to the executive team. The executive creates the narrative for the report.
· The school uses several ways to consult parents and teachers regarding the school’s educational programs.
o Parent / Teacher Conferences – last Thursday of every month
o Emails – Constant Contact emails
o Website and Social Media alerts
o Call-Em-All – Weekly group calls to all parents
o Text Messages – Frequent messages sent via text message to parents
o Remind – Frequent messages sent through Remind to keep all stakeholders on the same page
o Web Site – Frequently updated with targeted main ideas
o The PAC – This is an elective committee that consists of any parent wishing to join
Encore Education Corporation Encore School Board elections will take place every two years or as needed. The election will take place during a regular session meeting and will be outlined on the appropriate agenda.
Parties in consideration for election will be recommended by the Encore Education Corporation Encore School Board cabinet.
After all candidates are reviewed by the current board, election will take place via open voting of the Encore Education Corporation Encore School Board during open session.
Board Members duties:
i. Will attend a minimum of 80% of all regular and special Encore Education Corporation Encore School Board meetings.
ii. Will undergo board training once per term for the Encore Education Corporation Encore School Board.
iii. Will read, hear, and research topics that are placed for vote to the Encore Education Corporation Encore School Board.
iv. Will meet with administration monthly for campus updates regarding the school site/division related to the board member’s appointment.
v. Will relay information discussed to other board members during closed session when applicable. Will request open session agenda topics based on administration meetings when necessary.
vi. Will tour the campus/site related to the board member’s appointment once per semester with site administration for updates.
vii. Will disclose all possible conflicts of interest immediately.
viii. Will diligently work to uphold the mission statement of Encore.
ix. Will not accept any type of gratuities as a result of being a part of the Encore Education Corporation Encore School Board.
x. Will recuse themselves on all votes that are not completely objective.
xi. Will hold a single vote on Encore Education Corporation Encore School Board.
xii. Cannot be an employee or contractor of Encore or a terminated employee or contractor.
xiii. Will remind all Encore Education Corporation Encore School Board members of upcoming meetings.
xiv. Will attend an event once per quarter as designated Encore Education Corporation Encore School Board member.